Your Dulux Select Decorator is an independent decorator, who has been assessed and accredited as a scheme member by Dulux. Members offer a two year quality workmanship guarantee including deposit protection (terms and conditions apply).
So sit back and relax, the professional Dulux Select Decorator scheme ensures the highest standards are upheld.
Points to note:
• Make sure you have received a dated quotation or estimate for the work to be undertaken
• Your Dulux Select Decorator will only use the very best products within the AkzoNobel brand portfolio: Dulux Trade, Sikkens,
Glidden Trade, Hammerite, Cuprinol Trade and Polycell Trade
• If the work to be undertaken does not qualify for a 2 year guarantee your Dulux Select Decorator will advise you accordingly, and you will be asked to sign a Dulux Workmanship Guarantee Disclaimer form.
• Work is to a high standard.
• Care and due attention is given to preparatory work required for surfaces and/or materials to be painted or covered.
• Adequate protection is provided for surfaces that are not to be painted and furniture and furnishings.
• The customer’s home or premises are left clean and tidy.
• You must receive a quotation or estimate for work to be undertaken. Please note – a quotation is a binding agreement as to the price.
• Quotations or estimates must be given in writing, should be legible, comprehensive and include a detailed speciﬁ cation of the work to be done. There should be no hidden costs and VAT must be included (where applicable). All materials, labour and clearing of debris associated with the job should also be included.
• Terms of payment (including deposit if applicable) must be made clear.
• Deposits are protected under the Dulux Guarantee.
• When requested, deposits must not exceed 25% of the job value to a maximum of £3,000.
• Scheme members must provide a high standard of service. They should be honest and courteous in all of their dealings with the homeowner.
• Scheme members must have public liability insurance of a minimum of £1m in place. The scheme’s administrators undertake periodic independent checks to ensure that members maintain this cover.
• AkzoNobel brand portfolio: Dulux Trade, Sikkens, Glidden Trade, Hammerite, Cuprinol Trade and Polycell Trade
• If at your request the Dulux Select Decorator member does not follow the ICI Paints AkzoNobel product speciﬁ cation for what
ever reason, the guarantee does not apply.
• All products must be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
• In the unlikely event that you have a complaint, please raise it in the ﬁrst instance with your decorator, who is then required to
inform the Dulux Select Decorators ofﬁce of the complaint.
• Your scheme member is required to resolve the complaint directly with you. If this is not possible, you can lodge an ofﬁ cial complaint by calling the customer service department on 08444 817 818.
Quality assurance guarantee
Terms and Conditions, Scope of Guarantee
The Guarantee is available only for painting and decorating work on private residential premises in the UK which is carried out by an approved Dulux Select Decorator using the AkzoNobel brand portfolio: Dulux Trade, Sikkens, Glidden Trade, Hammerite, Cuprinol Trade and Polycell Trade. This Guarantee does not affect a homeowner’s statutory rights.
If the scheme member defaults on their guarantee Dulux will ensure they complete the work to a satisfactory level. If this is not possible Dulux will make alternative arrangements by appointing another scheme member within the liability of the guarantee to complete the work.
Claims under Guarantee
Before making a claim under the guarantee the homeowner must ﬁ rst try to resolve the matter with the Dulux Select Decorator scheme member. Only where the matter has not been resolved to the homeowner’s satisfaction should they contact the Dulux Select Decorators membership scheme ofﬁce.
Tel: 08444 817 818
Address: Dulux Select Decorators,
Freepost MID20389, Arnold,
Nottingham NG5 1BR
Limit of Liability
The guarantee covers the amount by which the cost of remedying the defective work, when taken together with the cost of the work already done, exceeds the original price quoted for the work. Subject to this, the homeowner remains liable to pay the Dulux Select Decorator scheme member for the work carried out by the Dulux Select Decorator scheme member unless otherwise agreed.
Where the complaint refers to property or personal damage, Dulux will in the ﬁ rst instance ask the homeowner and their scheme member to pursue this through the scheme member’s liability insurance. However, if for any reason this is not possible, Dulux will ask the homeowner to pursue the claim under their household insurance policy. Under these circumstances Dulux will cover any excess payable and any additional cost the homeowner suffers due to an increase in their household insurance premium in the following
twelve months. However, Dulux will not pay for any losses or costs that are not directly covered by the Terms and Conditions of this Guarantee. The liability to Dulux under the Guarantee is capped at twice the invoiced cost of the work.